Friday, May 23, 2014
1. One of these camps is on my pre-40 bucket list. Who's with me?
2. Really REALLY want my knee to get better so I can participate in this race. It's said to be one of the most scenic runs in the west! I heart Lake Powell (fun fact: it's where my hubbster and I got engaged!).
3. What a fun twist on a wedge salad! I will be making this Greek version very soon.
4. Seeing that roasted broccoli is a staple in my house, I think it would be fantastic to broaden my horizons with this chipotle version. Genius!
5. Have you had these chocolate-covered coconut pieces yet from Costco? Amazing. And not filled with junk. Here is a recipe to make your own!
6. This fava bean and ricotta app sounds delightful. So springy! Fava beans are a good source of protein and fiber, and also contain plant sterols, which may help to lower your cholesterol!
7. One of my favorite parts about being a dietitian is the new information that we get to learn about each and every single day. It is a field that is constantly changing! Unfortunately, it can also be frustrating with the amount of "information" that is out there (which may or may not be legit). I purposely try not to post controversial information on my blog. That's just not what this is about. But this dietitian knocks this article out of the ballpark with her take on "trends".
Posted by Lindsay Kay Kordick, MS, RD, LN, EPc at 8:20 PM