Wednesday, January 1, 2014
1. One of my favorite Christmas presents that I received this year? This spoon. If you don't have one you need one. I think I have used it seven times already. And I have only cooked four meals since the holiday. Go figure.
2. My sweet hubby also got me this. OBSESSED. I wear it daily. Which is more often than I wear my engagement ring. OBSESSED. What's not to love about a Boston Terrier?
3. I am proud to announce that you can now shop H&M online. Actually, you have been able to for a while now. But I didn't want to give it away in case I was buying you a Christmas present from there. But with the holiday behind us I think it's safe to say that if you didn't get a gift from me, you probably won't. Check out their home department. It's lovely. And cheap. In a non-cheap looking way.
4. It's 2014! Crazy. I never thought I would live this long. Just kidding. I just can't think of anything else to say about 2014.
5. Making this tomorrow. Tamales without the time or effort? I have a toddler. I'm in.
6. This spicy soup makes me wish I had cooked a ham for the holiday. Well, no time like the present I guess!
7. These quinoa granola bars look amazing.
8. Some of my goals for the New Year:
------- Run a half marathon (checking this one off in two weeks- always make your goals reachable!)
------- Make my own vegetable stock/broth. And lots of it.
------- Tell my daughter that she's beautiful every day. That's not a tough one.
------- Tell my husband that I love and appreciate him every day. I know that I don't do it enough.
------- Do more local shopping. Not more shopping. Just spend more of our shopping money locally. I think it's important.
------- Call my grandparents more often. I am so blessed to still have them in my life. I need to take the time to visit with them, learn from them, and tell them that I love them.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May your year be filled with more joy than tears, more love than fear, more prosper than languish, more health than sickness.
Posted by Lindsay Kay Kordick, MS, RD, LN, EPc at 3:30 AM