Saturday, April 12, 2014
1. Eggs used to be one of those foods that individuals with high cholesterol were told to limit or avoid due to their cholesterol content. But thankfully things have changed! Eggs are a complete protein and great source of vitamins like choline! Are you an egg white worshiper? The yolk has MORE valuable protein than the white. Yes, there is some fat there, but you NEED some fat in your diet!
2. Should you go organic with your eggs? The choice is yours. Here's what an article at the Washington Post had to say about it.....
3. Here it is.......my annual food dye warning of the year.
If you are wondering why I'm warning you about food dyes, check this out.
And if you're wondering how the heck you're going to color your Easter eggs without those dyes, check this out.
4. And here's some fun things to do with eggs without the dyes!
Courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens
These are amazing as well!! (however some do require dye)
5. But if you are going to dye eggs, give this tip a try. This is genius!.
6. Check out these hard-boiled egg tips!
Oven-baked hard-boiled eggs
Easier to peel hard-boiled eggs- also note that fresher eggs are more difficult to peel. Use older eggs first!
How to scramble eggs in their shell
Posted by Lindsay Kay Kordick, MS, RD, LN, EPc at 8:00 AM