Friday, July 19, 2013
1. I have survived my second trip taking a baby on a plane. She continues to wow me with her grace. She just waved at everyone and stuck her tongue out and smiled at people. Not even getting stuck on the plane for an extra two hours got to her. She does NOT get that from me.
2. Don't these chia seed shooterslook like fun?? I must make them. If you don't have much experience with chia seeds you should know that they turn "gooey" when soaked in liquid. And then they look like caviar (in my opinion, anyway). But fear not. They are good for you and virtually tasteless.
3. These mushrooms are on my dinner menu for this week. And likely for every week for the rest of the summer.
4. Beautiful, nutritious, and delicious? Triple threat. Thanks for this salad Tricia! Looks amazing.
5. These little snackers have me intrigued. Avocado and chocolate? Could be a new "thing".
6. Just in case you didn't know......it's the Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale this week. It's practically a holiday. I have vowed to not shop. Even though I dog-eared every page in the catalog that I received in the mail. It's a good think there isn't a Nordy's within 6 hours of me. I love the smell. And the bathrooms. And the nice sales people. And the organization. Whew! I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it. When you shop there, think of me.
Posted by Lindsay Kay Kordick, MS, RD, LN, EPc at 3:30 AM